Sunday, 10 June 2012

Noteworthy: Red Magazine, July issue.

England has been grey and wet; soggy socks and umbrella wet. The other half and I have finally cracked and are booking a last minute deal to the sun. I'm desperate to feel my skin start to tighten from the warm sunshine, and smell the cloying whiff of suncream on my shoulders.

So how wonderful to be thinking of summer clothes; all t-shirts, loose maxi dresses and bright trousers. The most beautiful, beach shoot is in the current issue of Red magazine, styled by Nicola Rose, and photographed by the brilliant David Gubert. Makes me want to grab a surf board and move to Maui!



Main image from Utopia NYC

1. Antik Batik t-shirt, £80, Net a Porter
2. Aurelie Biderman bracelet, £70, Net a Porter
3. Diamante crochet cardigan, £149, Jigsaw
4. Desert print trousers, £45, Warehouse
5. Tie print top, £22.99, Mango
6. Blue maxi dress, £84.19, J Crew
7. Bandeau swimsuit, £34.99, Mango
8. Dip dyed maxi, £32, Top Shop
9. Kurt Geiger sandals, £85, House of Fraser

A bit of a mixed bag, but to be honest that is what my suitcase tends to look like. I don't worry so much anymore about things clashing [maybe it's my age?!], but I always pack some great basics [putting the simple back into simple styling]. 

A great pair of white jeans go a long way on holiday, how good would they look with that pretty tie print top and the bracelet? And those sandals are going to go with everything on holiday! I love the white crochet knit by Jigsaw, the perfect summer cover-up for cooler evenings, and lovely over a bikini.

Here are some cheap cheats too: visit a bead shop and make your own pretty beach bracelet, so easy they also have charms that you can add, the brighter the better although Top Shop and Miss Selfridge do some great ones at a steal. Visit a local sari shop for beautiful bright fabric. A length can work as a beach cover-up, bandeau dress or a maxi skirt, be sure to pack a safety pin or pretty diamante brooch to secure it.
That relaxed t-shirt will be perfect for the flight too.

Now I'm all packed I can't wait. Where will you be heading to this summer?



3 comments :

  1. ohhh everyone is gearing up for Summer in the northern hemisphere - we're freezng here in Sydney, Australia! id love a hot vacation right now!
    Hugs
    Anastasia from BYW2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your blog will be gorgious. Love your design and choice of colors and will be back to read some more, soon.
    xo,
    Steffi.oh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I miss London for Top Shop & Miss Selfridge - I love that Dip Dyed Maxi. Such a lovely blog. Look forward to seeing more posts in the future. Sherilyn - BYW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...