Thursday, 5 July 2012

Fashion DIY

I mentioned the other day a pretty glass beaded bracelet I was coveting in a little shop in Menorca, so I thought I would share with you my attempt at [ahem] recreating the style.

The original bracelet was a staggering 45euros, although the pink tassle that was attached was very lovely [invariably made from some exotic silk], but it was fabric and undeniably over-priced, so here is my simple style version.

The beads and clasp were from John Lewis here in the UK, but you can find similar from bead stores anywhere. The vintage button was from my Mum's button tin [don't you just love those - I used to spend hours playing with them when I was little!].

The trick I used to secure the ends after I knotted them was to rethread the end back through the beads and dab a very small amount of super-glue on the knot.




1 comment :

  1. How long did it take you to create this little darling? The vintage button makes the story complete!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...