Sunday, 7 July 2013

Postcard from France


How are you? Sorry it's been so long... do you ever feel overwhelmed by life? Like you just can't take a moment to catch your breath? That's been how I've felt for the last few months. I'm the worlds' worst at saying no to things, so for a while I've been working on lots of different projects all at the same time, but finally I've taken a break.

A couple of weeks in France has rekindled my love for photography and my desire to be creative again, I've missed it. I'm over half way through my yoga teacher training course and one of the most valuable lessons I've learnt through the whole process, aside from the joy and strength to be found by taking a moment for yourself, is also to be kind to yourself. I don't know about you, but as a woman born in the 70s and raised in the 80s I've been an over-achiever my whole life - it's exhausting, and do you know what I've realised? Rarely do the sacrifices win you any meddles, you just end up burning yourself out. So with my new found love for blogging comes a new focus on taking the pressure off myself just a little, I'm not super-woman, and I'm OK with that. 

What have you been up to? I hope the sun has shone wherever you are and life has been good. I have some more news in the next week or so, so watch the blog and twitter for updates. And please message me with any thoughts and ideas for the blog. I'm back and just sorry it took me a while to get here.

2 comments :

  1. Lovely to have you back Amy! I totally agree that we need to be kind to ourselves... thanks for the reminder:) M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, and thanks for your kind words they helped me so much to find the strength to jump back in the saddle - was worried it had been too long and people would have lost interest! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...