Thursday, 25 July 2013

Simple Favourite: Toast dress

Thursday already! Where does the time go?

I'm not yet at the age where comfort over-rides style in my books, but let me tell you, I'm getting there! Trousers that ride down my bum when I bend over, jeans that pinch my tummy when I sit down, shoes that chafe so the pain rides up my back and ends up somewhere near my temples, and dresses that are so tight I struggle to even eat have all been relegated to the charity pile of clothes in our spare room. This is a dangerous slope to slide however as those roomy clothes offer an ever-expanding space for me to fill, and no incentive to keep my waist in check : ) x

So the perfect pieces for me are both comfortable and stylish - 20 years ago I probably would have said there wasn't such a thing, that you had to suffer for your art. As an assistant working on a magazine I remember being so desperate to buy a pair of Manolo Blahniks for £30 in the sample sale I bought a size too small and squeezed my toes into them, claiming the ensuing limp was down to a sports injury rather than impractical footwear.


Dress, Toast

This Toast dress ticks all the boxes in my book and is a great summer staple, I can imagine wearing it on a flight or heading to a café with friends. And with this kind of relaxed dress there are options to wear it with leggings if you're more comfortable covered up, or the weather is typically cool, or if you're getting into the swing of fake tanning like me to see your English-skin through the summer months, brave it with bear legs!

A slouchy tote bag and flats are all you need, it might be a bit pricey, but like the best things in life it'll stay with you for years. 

Have you ever suffered for style?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...