Sunday, 25 August 2013

Mother Denim and Freja

I hope you're having a great weekend, relaxing with your partner, partying with friends or having fun with the kids? I'm having an unusual weekend on my own, Noah and his Dad have headed away for the week to visit grandparents giving me a chance to get on top of jobs in the house, my over-due coursework and blogging. I'm thinking of having a little redesign on the Notebook this week, a bit like a blogging hair-cut, I feel it might be time for a change so watch this space : ) x

With a little free time to myself I'm finally getting chance to catch up on some news and wow, it's pretty depressing isn't it? You turn on the TV and wonder what is going on in the world. While my 4 year old is about I'm cautious not to watch too much news, as we're at the stage of awkward questions about things - we've already had to address death, war, even the Twin Towers in NY cropped up the other week and that is a difficult conversation to have with an adult never mind a small child who is just learning about the world beyond our four walls.

But I'm a believer in not letting the darkness in the world get you down. All we can do is try and keep the positive light in our own small world's and do the little things we can to try and help those less fortunate. Sorry if this blogpost is a little heavy for a Sunday morning but thought it might be a nice opportunity to share a lovely project that I've just learnt about between Mother Denim and model Freja Beha Erichsen raising much needed money for Doctors Without Borders, timely when there is so much urgent need in the world.

Beautiful design for a good cause, something to feel positive about, available from the end of September in the US and online at Revolve Clothing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...