Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Simply Autumn Style: Knitwear

Morning, hope you're having a great week and the storms haven't hit too hard wherever you are in the UK? It's just this kind of weather that always inspires me to dig out my warmest, cosiest knits. I love to find great cashmere at vintage markets. It's worth looking really closely if you fancy second hand shopping for your winter knits, sneaky small holes can go undetected unless you closely scrutinise the seams, and edges and unless you're a dab hand at darning it's not worth buying pieces that aren't perfect. If you prefer to invest in new pieces that will last I've discovered some labels that have great knits but are a little on the pricey side.

&Daughter is a label focusing on well made Scottish and Irish knitwear with an emphasis on provenance. These are beautifully warm knits with a hint of nostalgia, and a nod to traditional heritage styles.


Me+Em is another brand focusing on selling direct via the web and attention to quality fabrics and manufacturing, the prices reflect this but for investment pieces that will transcend seasons - worth the splurge.


I've mentioned Mint Velvet before and it's not really new, but for a more affordable take on luxury it's worth another mention. Their knitwear is luxurious without the bigger price tag.


Of course if these prices are still a bit steep for you my favourite high street labels for knitwear are Uniqlo, Joules, and Cos, and I'm guilty of stealing my other half's knits when the temperatures drop. I often prefer the fit and styling on mens knitwear!

1. Grey knit, Cos
2. Pink roll neck, Uniqlo
3. Cream cable, Joules
What's your secret to keeping warm in winter?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...