Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Simple Inspiration: Luxury style

Mid week and fast approaching christmas! Yikes, not feeling very prepared I have to be honest. I got off to a good start around October time, and felt pretty smug that I'd bought two gifts before November. But then I stopped! Work took over and the days disappeared. So now I'm feeling on the back foot and trying to find interesting, inspired gifts for family and friends under pressure. How is your Christmas shopping going?

Also here in the UK we're supposed to be getting a cold snap at the end of the week [although don't take my word for it!], so I'm digging out my warmest jumpers and knitted scarves in anticipation. My favourite is an old cream cashmere sweater from a TSE cashmere sample sale years ago. Unfortunately now it's seen better days, but it's the softest cashmere and feels so lovely to slip into when the weather is really chilly. Do you have a favourite jumper you always rely on in the winter months? 

Here it is with a cream sequinned scarf and my favourite vintage paste necklace. Layering creams together always feels a bit luxurious and I love a bit of vintage sparkle, it makes even the most boring piece of clothing look a bit special.


Here are a few more inspirational pictures for layering creamy tones together - what do you think? Is it a look you'd try or is it just too impractical with a small child perhaps?


Image via: Pinterest


Image via: Goat Fashion


Image via: Coco Groove


Image via: Elements of Style


1. Cream chunky knit, French Connection
2. Short Sleeve cashmere knit, Uniqlo
3. Cream coat, Goat
4. Pashmina, Pure Collection

For vintage inspired jewellery I love looking through Etsy at the original designs from around the world. There are some inspired designs that are priced incredibly well and look really expensive and elegant. Of course it's not as much fun as visiting a local vintage market, but I like the idea that I'm supporting small businesses and interacting with a like minded person somewhere else in the world. It's a fun way to shop.


1. Round earrings, Rew Elliott on Etsy
2. Cluster earrings, Blue Ocean Jewellery on Etsy
3. Rectangular earrings, A Pocket of Posies on Etsy

2 comments :

  1. lovely styles - the 'luxe' look is so chic and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are "in my dreams" clothes - I do tend to wear a lot of cream on my top half but teamed with darker shades/denims on the bottom (to hide the knee high handprints;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...