Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Simply Shopping: A Bag for Every Occasion


Morning All, how are you? I hope you're all set for Santa's arrival ; D x we've been busy trying to think of creative places to hide Noah's gifts as he's been getting savvy about where they might be and our house is pretty small so we're having to use every available hidden nook and cranny. I'm getting quite excited as we'll also be spending christmas day with my beautiful 8 month old neice. I'm wondering if she'll share her aunty's eye for handbags so I can eventually pass some of my collection on. I know I've written before about my prolific bag collection - you can see a few of my favourites above. I think it stems from working for so many years in the magazine industry where bags were very much a status symbol. Fashion week was like a game of top trumps as to who had the most covetable bag of the season on their arm. When I started working in the early 00s it was all about the Italian labels; Prada, Gucci, Fendi, then gradually the tide turned and it was British designers like Mulberry and Anya Hindmarch the editors favoured. How times change, most weeks now I'm more likely to be carrying a Sainsbury's bag. But I still love quality, and will always go for the best quality I can afford, rather than something cheap that won't last.

Hobbs has a great selection of bags, and with the sale at the moment it's a brilliant time to buy. Their shoulder bags are stylish but sturdy, a good size for all my essentials, and really well made. The evening clutch bags look really modern, my favourite is this electric blue suede one with the zip fastening. Even in the evenings I rarely travel light so I need a bag with space for all my things, and if we're out for dinner with Noah there's usually a Transformer toy makes its way into my bag too.

For work I like something structured and classic, the satchel style is perfectly timeless and the white leather is really elegant. These would be a great last minute gift idea, and I've added lots more ideas of wish list favourites for work, weekend, evening and everyday shopping. 

I'd love to know what you think - do you have a favourite? See you Friday, for my last pre-christmas post.


Blue suede clutch bag, Hobbs - SHOP NOW

1. Purse from Kate Spade at Selfridges
2. Chanel Oil Control Tissues from House of Fraser
3. Metallic phone case from Top Shop
4. Nars Lipstick from Space NK
5. Red lip keyring from Lulu Guinness 


Brown leather shoulder bag, Hobbs - SHOP NOW

1. Panasonic Lumix camera from John Lewis
2. Compass from Muji
3. Walking book from Amazon
4. Sony Luminex phone
5. Aviator sunglasses from ASOS


Cream satchel bag, Hobbs - SHOP NOW

1. Leather phone case, Hobbs - SHOP NOW
2. Chantecaille powder compact from SpaceNK
3. Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Perfume from House of Fraser
4. Telephone Message Notebook from the Rifle Paper Co
4. Parker Pen from Paperchase


Canvas tote, Hobbs - SHOP NOW

1. Phone case, Hobbs -  SHOP NOW
2. Leather receipt wallet from Liberty of London
3. Notebook from Paperchase
4. Coin purse, Hobbs - SHOP NOW
5. Spotty umbrella from Oasis

This blogpost is a collaboration with  Hobbs.

1 comment :

  1. Oh I'm totally with you on the importance of a good bag - and shoes! You've picked some gorgeous ones Amy. I particularly like the cream sachet and that gorgeous deep blue clutch - very Princes Di. xx M

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...