Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Simply Shopping: Orla Kiely for Clarks

Hope you're having a great week. I should be knee deep in mud, building a den and generally having fun with my 5 year old about now while he's on his holidays. These days are so precious and a good reminder of the important things in life.

Today another new British design discovery after last week's post about Village England. Orla Kiely is a talented British designer who has been creating interiors and fashion in her graphic, retro style for years. I remember meeting her at a press event years ago and being struck by how sincere, interesting and inspiring she was. She has now designed some shoes in collaboration with British brand Clarks which are as cool and quirky as she is. The style may be a bit way-out for some, but I love the chunky, comfy heels and patent leather which would look brilliant in the summer with white jeans and a stripy bretton top.

What would you wear them with?


Orla Marianne - SHOP NOW
Orla Matilda - SHOP NOW
Orla Milly - SHOP NOW
Orla Mary - SHOP NOW


1. Shirt, Gap - SHOP NOW
2. Basket, Cabbages and Roses - SHOP NOW
3. Washed chinos, Jigsaw - SHOP NOW
4. Sandals, Clarks - SHOP NOW
5. Bracelet, ASOS - SHOP NOW

2 comments :

  1. I think they're really fun Amy. One thing I remember about the UK and especially London is that you do tend to not take shoes too seriously and they can be a statement. I really like them. I hope you're having fun with Noah - so true that these moments are so precious! xx M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Mel. I'm definitely partial to a bright shoe. I've bought a neon pair for when the weather warms up here! I love the wedge shape too, a comfortable way to get a little height - which I definitely need : D x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...