Friday, 4 July 2014

Simple Inspiration: Wedding Style

Friday morning, I hope you've had a great week. 

Today on the blog a little inspiration from one of my favourite style inspirations, Olivia Palermo. I'm not normally a fan of posting celeb pictures. We all know they are gorgeous, slim, rolling in wads of cash, and generally irritating for being a bit too perfect, but just sometimes the sheer elegance and effortless style is worth sharing. 

Here I'm going to make a confession which probably won't sit too well with a lot of you. I don't like wedding dresses. Sorry. There I said it. It's like a weight lifting off my shoulders. I find them generally too fussy, expensive, restrictive, uncomfortable and generally too meringue like. I know, I know I can hear you shouting that there are beautiful, elegant, simple designs out there, and I agree, if you have a budget that will stretch to Elie Saab, Vera Wang, Jenny Packham you can look every bit as chic as a model on a runway, but really at the start of your married life who wants to spend £10,000 on a dress you will never wear again, when you have a house to buy, furniture to get, university fees to begin saving for? The list is endless of all the things I would buy with a few thousand pounds before I spent it on a dress.

So this week I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Olivia Palermo's wedding dress, or rather outfit. Yes, it is wildly expensive from Carolina Herrera, but the idea is like a breathe of fresh air. It feels honest, simple and refreshingly modern. And I love it. This is what authentic simple style means to me, not being afraid to make choices that are a little different if they are true to your own style and life. Something we can all take from.

Have a great weekend. x


IMAGE VIA | OLIVIAPALERMO.COM |

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...