Friday, 8 August 2014

Taking a break & creating space


Friday morning, hope you've had a great week. I've had a busy time working, but very happy to be heading into my own little summer break. I have made the decision to take a blogging break for 3 weeks. I'll be back at the beginning of September with more interviews and new content. In the meantime I'd love to hear from you. 

What do you enjoy reading about? What's missing that you'd like more of. Be honest. I try to be. I've recently felt compromised in both my personal and work life. Over stretched, I feel like I'm not doing anything whole heartedly, but rather juggling lots of things and doing none of it to the best of my ability. Do you ever feel like this? So I'm taking the next few weeks to reassess and reprioritise what is most important, including my blog, to work out if there is a better way for me to work so I don't end up feeling like I'm letting myself down. I'm not seeing it as a negative, but as a real positive. I'm missing important time and space in my life to fully enjoy things, so the next few weeks this will be my priority, to be fully present with an open heart and a creative, inspired mind and come back with a new zest for everything. I hope you'll keep following as I continue my journey, and in the meantime I'll be updating my Instagram feed with pictures and news of what we're up to. 

See you in September. x

2 comments :

  1. I hear you Amy! It's so tough to juggle everything and us girls tend to carry guilt so well too.. This is something that I am working on at the moment and I end to write a post on as it all comes together because I've been seeing a lot of people around feeling the same way. For me, focussing on one thing at the time, closing emails, social media what ever else it might be and just doing that particular task really helps and makes me so efficient - that and planning. But we've all got our own stuff. I really enjoy everything you post, of course it's a little frustrating with the seasonal differences at times... that and I'd really like to know what days you post. Big hugs and you know I love SSN. Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel, finally after getting my laptop fixed I'm making time to reply to your lovely comment. It was so nice to hear from you and that you enjoy the posts and have all the same frustrations. Yes, being organised and writing comprehensive lists is definitely helping me. Getting all the stuff out of my head and onto the page helps. I try to post Monday, Wednesday and Friday but blogger appears to be on a different time to us in the UK so posts can appear on different days for some inexplicable reason if I put them up later that day - not very helpful I know. I'm determined to continue blogging and so appreciate all your kind words and support. Love APC too xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...