Monday, 24 November 2014

Living Simply


Morning - hope you had a great weekend. It was a busy time for the whole family here. I finally did my wonderful relaxation evening at the yoga studio for 17 chilled out people. It was so much fun giving people the time and space to really nurture themselves and let go. We're already planning our next one! Then yesterday was a full day of winter fun; ice skating, fair rides and a theatre visit topped off with the Christmas lights switch on in town. Fun!

A little personal perspective today on the blog. 

For the last 2 weeks we've been living out of a suitcase at my parent's house while work has been going on at home. We have another few days left before we can officially move back in and try to create order where there is currently chaos. It reminded me of a short, but inspiring, TED talk I watched just the other day by Graham Hill. I'm a little obsessive about the TED talks, it seems I start every conversation with 'have you seen the TED talk about'… They open your eyes to a different way of thinking or being. I'll link a few of my absolute favourites below. 

The talk is titled 'Less Stuff, more happiness' and touches on the idea of living in smaller more compact spaces with less 'stuff'. Certainly after spending a few weeks without all my 'stuff' to hand I would agree that there is something liberating about simply having less, although I still manage to create piles of paperwork wherever I spend more than 24 hours. Piles of banking notes as I change bank accounts -eurgh! Piles of yoga notes for lesson ideas, anatomy study, and admin. The paper never seems to dwindle. But I have resolved over the next few weeks to let go of a little more of the unnecessary stuff. I don't need it. It's that simple. 

How do you create order and live a little simpler? I'd love to hear. And if you have 10 minutes - here are some of my favourite TED talks to feed your mind. x


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...