Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Simple Inspiration: Pretty in Pink

Wednesday morning and I hope you're having a lovely week. Today on the blog a little feminine girliness. 

Now let me be frank here, 90% of the time I'm not a very girly girl. I spend most of my days in jeans, over sized jumpers and comfortable shoes, something my husband I'm sure wishes were different, but occasionally when the urge takes me I'll put on some heels, shave my legs and even maybe throw on a slinky dress. Now don't get carried away, these urges over take me as often as the urge to see what Kim Kardashian is up to, but sometimes you have to indulge in a little frivolous flirtiness. 

I think my aversion to pink came from being 13 and being forced to go on my first independent skiing trip with school adorned in a marshmallow-coloured all-in-one that made look the wrong side of 10. Faced with a handsome skiing instructor and emerging hormones my ski attire was like a nail in the coffin of my already stunted womanhood, and ever since, the colour has slightly set my teeth on edge like the sweets of the same hue. But more recently I've warmed to the subtle tones of blush and rose. Antique shades that are like baby's cheeks and vintage blushes. So here I am embracing my feminine side. Of course that lace skirt would look awesome with a leather jacket over the top, and the Reiss cardigan would be perfect with a deep blue pair of high waisted flares, so perhaps the key is to balance the masculine and the feminine for the perfect style harmony.

What do you think? See you Friday. x


1. Mave textured cardigan, Reiss | SHOP NOW |
2. Moroccan rose bath oil, Space NK | SHOP NOW |
3.  Stephanie suede clutch, Atterley Road | SHOP NOW |
4.  Eve table ware mug, Toast | SHOP NOW |
5. Butterfly bracelet, Hipanema | SHOP NOW |
6.  Eat Pretty book, Anthropologie | SHOP NOW |
7.  Bohemia rose scarf, Lily and Lionel | SHOP NOW |
8.  Lace pencil skirt, Top Shop | SHOP NOW |

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...