Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Rocking a patterned skirt

Wednesday morning and I'm back after a non-relaxing, non-chilling, but very essential blogging break. We've been getting the house back in order after 3 weeks of mess whilst the wiring in the house was replaced. Admittedly not as stressful as it could have been thanks to very understanding and patient parents, it was non-the-less a disruptive time when all my usual enjoyments and pleasures went out the window in favour of sanding plasterwork, painting and cleaning each room of the house. The frustration is that if we get the go ahead with our extension we shall be doing it all again in 6 months time, the joy of home renovations!

So apologies for my absence, and time for some style inspiration, whatever season you're heading into at the moment. 

Here in the northern hemisphere we are heading into the cold temperatures of winter and pining for the sunshine and warmth of the summer time. I'm definitely a warm climate person, as much as I love cosying up with a blanket and a gluhwein! A patterned skirt can work whatever the season. For winter I like a heavier weight of fabric, there are some lovely brocade and jacquard styles on the high street at the moment, and with that extra weight I confess to loving a bit of volume. I think with a skinny knit the contrast can look very glamourous. For warmer weather I love a playful cotton print, something bright [as below] with a contrasting top. It's the style of Carolina Herrera, Oscar De La Renta, Carrie Bradshaw, and is really feminine and flirty - not always appropriate, but for the right occasion - perfect.

How would you wear yours?



1. Chevron bright skirt, Anthropology | SHOP NOW |
2. Leopard skirt, & Other Stories | SHOP NOW |
3. Orange aztec midi, Miss Selfridge | SHOP NOW |
4. Midnight blue pencil, Wallis | SHOP NOW |
5. Lucy and Co check skirt, Atterley Road | SHOP NOW |
6. Kirada jacquard midi, Top Shop | SHOP NOW |

2 comments :

  1. Oh I love skirts and need more of them. Is that a selfie of you? Love the look and my favourite. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, yes that's a snap from our summer holidays. God I miss the tan!! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine over there. I need to take a leaf from your book as I don't generally wear skirts, but feel I want to try it a little more often. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...